Dienstag, 8. November 2011

Ichthyosis und Fischöl

I have a moderate case of ichthyosis vulgaris, which, when I lived in a four-season climate, bothered me only in the winter, due to indoor low humidity. Now I live in the desert (7% relative humidity today)and it has become winter-spring-summer-fall problem. I've tried Lac Hydrin, alpha hydroxyl creams, bath oil, moisturisers, many things. With constant applications, my skin is ok. Of course, I didn't apply the lotions enough. Enough might be 2 X a day. And don't wash too much or the lotions will do no good. (I'm not used to applying so much lotion year-round.)  Lately, I have started taking omega-3 fish oil supplements to improve my blood lipid situation and bam!, my skin is much better. (I take 2 grams a day. YMMV.)

Yes, I still need to apply ointments after washing, but much less. I'm kinda surprised that in years and years of visiting dermatologists (mainly for other things), they never said, "try fish oil capsules." (These are the newer omega-3 fish oil capsules, not cod liver oil with its potential for A and D toxicity.)



Keine Kommentare: